cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Assets Management

Omar Mohamed Fathi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2022

Dear Team,
I am facing an issue and I need your advice, i use Jira service management standard plan and I want to use the assets and assets discovery feature but I can't afford the premium plan price, do you have a recommended workaround or even a subscription addon ? ,

another question, do you have any idea about ASSETS DISCOVERY add on

last question if I have device 42 assets management application and I integrated it with Jira through it's addon, can I make fields, links and configure it as I do in Jira service management assets?

thanks

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2022

Hi @Omar Mohamed Fathi,

Adding to @Gaurav: indeed, Assets is only available as part of the premium or enterprise plan.

Assets Discovery is a network scanner that is capable of discovering hardware and software in your local network and pulling details into the Assets app. It is a very useful addition to Assets, and you can read more about it here.

To answer your last question about Device42 - while I haven't used it myself, according to the integration documentation, you can either create JSM tickets from within Device42 or link Device42 assets to a ticket from within Jira. There seems to be a single asset custom field that displays asset details, but you do not have the flexibility to create your own additional fields.

Hope this helps!    

1 vote
Answer accepted
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2022

Hello @Omar Mohamed Fathi 

Unfortunately, the features of Asset and Asset Discovery are available only with the Premium plan and there is no alternative to this.

Asset Discovery add-on seems similar to the discovery option available as a feature, but I have not used/ explored it.

Also, Device42 can be used with Jira Software as with JSM.

Hope this helps.

--GG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events