Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Assets - How to save column setup

Jake C January 20, 2023

Hi,

We have certain columns setup within the Jira Assets view, what determines when they get reset or saved? i.e. one user has a column called purchase date setup as the final column but the column view gets reset to default when they next login

4 answers

0 votes
lynne.cook April 12, 2023

Same issue here too

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2023

Hi @lynne.cook 

Fancy meeting you here.

Matt Lane's research below sums it up nicely.

You can (as an admin) set some defaults (6), inheritance could affect that and otherwise that is it. Users can't and Assets doesn't save any custom column configuration... unfortunately.

Eric Vervoordeldonk February 26, 2024

Hi @Curt Holley ,

Can you show where you can set these 6 defaults?

0 votes
Matt Lane February 28, 2023

Agreed. Would be great to get a full explanation of how the column customisation works in JSM Assets in the object List View.

Matt Lane March 1, 2023

I played around some more today. And I found as an Admin/Manager in Jira Assets I can dictate the 6 default attributes seen in List View by adjusting the order at the top of the Attributes list in the Attributes view.

This will then create the default all users see for that object type. Though it seems order of the inherited attributes list from parent object type do take precedence.

Other than that, the List View can be customised by the User during that session in their browser tab using the 'Columns' optins.  But yes, doesn't seem like the user save their List View preferences for future sessions at all.

Like # people like this
0 votes
David Loszewski January 31, 2023

Same question here, watching...

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS