Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JWM users cant see empty fields in JSM projects

Francesco Carullo MMS March 19, 2024

Hi,

I have some JWM users with access to JSM projects. I noticed that JWM users cannot see empty fields in JSM projects (see below). 

Is there a setting to allow them to see the empty fields?

Thanks

Francesco

JSM user.pngJWM user view.png

2 answers

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2024

Hi @Francesco Carullo MMS 

If I understand correctly, you have a JWM user that is unable to see the specific field names on this issue, when the field does not contain a value.   I believe this is a know behavior that has been categorized as a bug over in JRACLOUD-76046.

The most recent comment from Ignacio points out some other common causes for this current behavior:

It is important to remember that the inability to edit a field can be caused by multiple alternative causes:

1. The field not being present on the screen associated with the Edit Issue operation
  2. The user not being granted the Edit Issues permission in the project
  3. The workflow counts with a status property that prevents editing the issue

The JWM user could still easily have the permissions to view the issue, but if they don't have the ability to edit the issue for any reason, then the default behavior in Jira is to hide empty fields if they do not appear on the edit screen.

As for how to address this, well that depends on if that JWM user should have access to edit the issue and set that field.  If they should, then you will want to walk through the Jira Admin Helper to make sure that user has the Edit Issue permission on that issue.  The Jira Admin Helper  is a helpful means to check this.

If the user has permissions, then the next step would be to check the Edit Screen used by that issue to make sure these fields appear on that screen.

Try these steps and let me know if you run into any problems here.

Andy

Francesco Carullo MMS March 22, 2024

Hi Andy, 

thanks for your suggestions, it seems that JSM license is required to edit issues. 

edit issues.png

0 votes
Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2024

Ciao @Francesco Carullo MMS , grazie per la tua domanda. Il progetto JWM è uno team-managed o no? I progetti team-managed possano avere i campi custom specifici al progetto / non condivisi con gli altri progetti nel sistema / istanza. Secondo me, è quello il problema.

Francesco Carullo MMS March 19, 2024

Ciao Valerie, grazie per la risposta. Il progetto è di JSM, non di JWM. Alcuni user di JWM hanno accesso come osservatori, ma non riescono a vedere i campi vuoti e non trovo nessuna impostazione che discrimini la visibilità del campo in base all'utente. Qualche suggerimento?

Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2024

Ciao @Francesco Carullo MMS , grazie per la tua risposta e scusami per il ritardo a risponderti. Non riesco a replicare quest'issue, quindi provo a taggare un agente di Atlassian per darci un supporto.

Hi Francesco, thanks for your answer and sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I don't manage to replicate this issue you are experiencing so I will tag an Atlassian agent into this to see if they can help.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events