cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSM with Slack and MS Teams

Dhruv Singhal
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 22, 2023

This is the setup I would like:

JSM instance: One site i.e. one URL

This instance will have multiple projects. Each project will be unique to a client

Each project will be connected to either Slack or MS Teams for conversational ticketing

But based on this: A Jira site can only connect to one Slack workspace or Microsoft Teams tenant. it seems like my setup is not possible

Any thoughts on how can I achieve this?

Using halp is expensive as you need separate Halp licenses for Slack and MS Teams and the costs add up quickly

1 answer

0 votes
Marini Marini
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2023

Hi @Dhruv Singhal 

I believe you are referring to this page What is chat? for that limitation. For your information, Jira Chat is actually powered by Halp/Atlassian Assist. Any paid JSM-enabled Halp queues will not be charged on your Halp bill. This means if you have a Paid JSM instance, you will not be charged for using Halp as long as you connect your Halp queue to that paid JSM instance project/queue.

Off course this does not change the limitation mentioned in What is chat. However, I do have a question. Why do you need a separate JSM project for each of your clients? A single JSM project is able to handle customers from different organizations and with the Customer Permission setting, you can ensure that a customer can only engage with others from the same organization only. The only limitation is that we cannot hide certain Request Types/Request Groups only for certain Organizations. All customers from all organizations will see the same set of Service Catalogue (Request Types and Request Groups).

Thank you,

Marini

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events