Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSM unlicensing an Agent

Nick Bazzi April 4, 2024

How do I un-license the Atlassian account owner from being an Agent of Jira Service Management and therefore this user should not be counted as an agent? I tried in user management but it is grayed out there. see attached:

CClic.jpg

3 answers

1 vote
Nick Bazzi April 5, 2024

Hey John, thank you for your reply. The JSM permission was grayed for this user. was not able to click it to turn off the permission. He was counted against JSM users. I did figure it out and I removed his access as org Admin as well as Site Admin, after this his permissions on the user screen for the products are enabled and I was able to turn off his JSM Agent permission. He still has access to the product as a user but not as an Agent. That is how I was able to solve the issue. 

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2024

Hi NIck,

Do you have Site Administrator and/or Org Admin permissions for the site/product?

Also, what happens if you click on it? Does it turn it on? If so, that would mean he is not actually an Agent right now. 

If you go to the group, jira-servicedesk-users, is he in that group? If not, he is not an Agent and is not being charged for a license. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2024

Very good - thanks for the update.

0 votes
Nick Bazzi April 4, 2024

this is the same person who asked the question above. I am providing more info to help understand the question above. When I go to user management, I cannot turn off his JSM - agent because it is grayed out.

CClic.jpg

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events