Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

JSM report permission

From my understanding, in order to view reports in JSM, i would need to have a JSM license and also be part of the Service Agent Project Role.

I want to give specific product/operatin people who may have Agent license, but are not Agents in a specific project, the ability to view reports in their own dashboards. From what i tested, it can only happen if i may them Agents of that specific project. Why is that?

I even tried to create a new project role "operations" and give them Browse project in JSM, but still not working. When i give them Service Project Agent in the permission scheme, it goes work.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder Community Leader Jun 02, 2022

@Meytal BM The delivered reports associated with the service desk are bound to have the agent interface which requires the agent role on a service desk.  You can give them access to the service desk to see issues and then create a dashboard that displays similar information.  I believe this enhancement request is what you are in need of.  You can vote for it here https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-1369

0 votes

Hi @Meytal BM

If you are up for a commercial app, we provide Dashboard Hub for Jira. You can create different types of reporting dashboards (+70 gadgets, 10 product integrations...) and share them internally, externally or with users in the Customer Portal. Like this live dashboard

ITSM dashboard 

No need to add more agents in your projects :) and all the Jira Service Management gadgets are multi-project, so you can report across your whole portfolio.

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Coming Soon: Insight Changing to Assets

The 2020 acquisition of Mindville added powerful asset and configuration management capabilities to Jira Service Management in the form of Insight. Following the completion of that integration, custo...

117 views 0 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you