cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSM report permission

Meytal BM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2022

From my understanding, in order to view reports in JSM, i would need to have a JSM license and also be part of the Service Agent Project Role.

I want to give specific product/operatin people who may have Agent license, but are not Agents in a specific project, the ability to view reports in their own dashboards. From what i tested, it can only happen if i may them Agents of that specific project. Why is that?

I even tried to create a new project role "operations" and give them Browse project in JSM, but still not working. When i give them Service Project Agent in the permission scheme, it goes work.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2022

@Meytal BM The delivered reports associated with the service desk are bound to have the agent interface which requires the agent role on a service desk.  You can give them access to the service desk to see issues and then create a dashboard that displays similar information.  I believe this enhancement request is what you are in need of.  You can vote for it here https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-1369

0 votes
Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 9, 2022

Hi @Meytal BM

If you are up for a commercial app, we provide Dashboard Hub for Jira. You can create different types of reporting dashboards (+70 gadgets, 10 product integrations...) and share them internally, externally or with users in the Customer Portal. Like this live dashboard

ITSM dashboard 

No need to add more agents in your projects :) and all the Jira Service Management gadgets are multi-project, so you can report across your whole portfolio.

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events