Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSM new implementation timelines

Deleted user February 18, 2021

Hi,

We are currently in the JSM pitch process for a client . Their main concern is implementation timelines. Can someone please provide me with some documentaion regarding how fast JSM can be implemented vs Servicenow?

Thanks

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2021

Hi @[deleted] and welcome to the community!

That's an interesting question but also a very complex one. Going by the tags you added here it seems you would like to go for a Cloud platform (which makes sense since ServiceNow is also Cloud)

When it comes to implementation timelines it's very very tricky.

If you were to go by the default processes that come out of the box, just add some users/groups and some queues, you could pretty much be done in a day.

If however you want to do some proper workshops to define the requirements, limit or expand on what practices you will be implementing

• Change, Incident, Service Request, Problem
  • Maybe a CMDB?
  • Do you require OpsGenie?
  • Will you be integrating a DevOps methodology too and link it with a repository?
  • Does Confluence also come in to play as a Knowledge base?
  • What is the maturity of the organization
  • Is there a current tool that we can migrate from (will we need to migrate historical data?)
  • Do they know their processes/practices and are they documented?

So as you see there are a lot questions and the same ones will appear for ServiceNow.

When it comes to just puchasing an instance and having it spin up that could be hours to a few days. However a full implementation track depends a lot on the needs/requirements and maturity of the organization. For both platforms this will need to be a first assesment to be able to fully estimate the workload. (and this can be go from days to weeks to months)

From my experience, I've set up systems in a couple of days and I have systems that are constantly evolving over years and years.. for both platforms. So I wouldn't look too much towards implementation timelines but more on effort to change things, possibility to adapt to the customer requirements and what comes out of the box.

Thanks @Dirk Ronsmans really appreciate the insight!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Laurens Coppens
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2021

Amgad,

That really depends on how you want to implement it.

You can just deploy a standard JSM project with standard config in a few minutes, set your permissions and off you go.

If you want to change the request types, add fields, ... you will need to calculate some more time.

Implementation doesn't only depend on the customers requests but also on how fast you can implement those in the system.

So I think your question is not answerable without knowing you, your skills, the clients demands, ....

Thanks, I understand. Will talk to our tech team and get more specifics on the requirements

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events