Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSM automation doesn't clone issues

Luis Barreto February 23, 2022

Hi,

I've been trying to create an automation rule for a test proyect in Jira Service Management to clone issues in a software proyect. I've created this simple rule

PkHSNnmvRn.png

I keep getting "some errors" in the audit log and I'm not sure how this is supposed to work. Moreover, I can't find this issue in Atlassian documentation.

Any ideas/help would be much appreciated. 

Many thanks. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Maciej Dudziak [Deviniti]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 23, 2022

Hi, could you share us the audit log ( the one below rule details) and the screen of error details you see in automation report?

The first thing I would check is the actor that is set in the rule. Then I would check error details, because there can be plenty of potential configuration problems.

Luis Barreto February 23, 2022

Hi, thanks for your reply, I'm a total noob in Jira and I'm not a developer. Here's a screengrab of the audit log:

AuditLog.png

I believe I saw that the actor is "Automation for Jira".

Many thanks for your help. 

Maciej Dudziak [Deviniti]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 24, 2022

You can check 2 things, one is whether you can create the issue with the issue type you specified in automation. You specified "same issue type", which means that the exact issue type will be used from source issue. However, depending on project and its settings, such issue type may or may not be used in target project. 

There are 2 types of project in Jira cloud, managed by team and company managed. If your project Test Zendesk is a team managed project then its issue types are "unique", i.e. even if they have the same name, they are treaded as different issue types. In each project settings you can check which issue types can be used. 

To sum up, check if an issue type you are trying to clone can be used in TEST ZENDESK project, but you have to check if ID of issue type is identical.

Luis Barreto February 24, 2022

Thank you,

The problem was in the issue type. I'm encountering several issues with this but I'll try to work it out.

Thank you for your help!

Leo LI October 25, 2023

Hi team,

Have this issue been resolved? I got the same issue too. If there is any great idea, please help to share. 

Thank you so much!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events