Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSM and disable AD users

Mohamed Saad Taha October 4, 2022

Dears.

I am using JSM and it is integrated with AD and there is project with permission "Customers who have an account on this Jira site" and I want to block one user from open requests in this project.

this user is AD user to I can't disable this user from Jira side and I want to disable  

any Idea how can I do this ?

BR,

2 answers

0 votes
Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2022

Maybe add a validator on the create transition to block him?

0 votes
Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2022

What do you have against the poor user?

You can't block anyone with "Customers who have an account on this Jira site" setting, either they have an account, or they don't, no other permissions come to play.

Mohamed Saad Taha October 5, 2022

:) He is miss using the tool and open multi issues for the same issue :( 

Mohamed Saad Taha October 5, 2022

Just need to block him for some times :) 

Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 5, 2022

Mhm, well, I still don't think you can block him in any way without changing the portal permissions or disabling the account as whole.

At most might be able to over-engineer some automation to auto-close his requests if he raised any since X minutes ago, or some kinda funky detection to close or link duplicates. Maybe Automation for Jira (if you have it installed, comes out of box with data center) could be used for something along the lines, but that's about what I can think of, since JSM doesn't have any kind of "protection" or "soft ban" for problematic individuals.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events