Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSM/Slack integration

Atkins, Carol April 9, 2023

Can the order of a request type be changed in the slack channel drop-down? 

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Ash Yadav - VMotion IT Solutions
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2023

Hi @Atkins, Carol , welcome to the Atlassian Community! 

Can you elaborate a little more on your request please? Maybe even a screenshot describing what you're trying to achieve would be very helpful.

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Ash 

Atkins, Carol April 10, 2023

Hi Ash,

Right now the sequence of our request types in Slack are not ideal.  We'd like to list them in order of highest request type down to least popular.   When doing the initial setup we had to select which request types we wanted visible and I'm thinking they are listed in the order we loaded them.  I'd like to go back and re-arrange the order they are listed in (see below).  For instance, we'd want "something else" last and it's currently the 3rd choice. 

Screenshot 2023-04-10 084638.jpg

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2023

Hi @Atkins, Carol , 

Thank you for clarifying. Out of curiosity, if you go to Project Settings -> Portal Settings -> Portal Groups, is the current list the same? 

You can re-arrange them there, I'm just wondering would that have an impact on the way it is visible in slack. 

Let me know if that works or not, I'll keep looking in the meantime. 

All the best, 

Ash 

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 10, 2023

Update: Tested it just now myself, doesn't seem to have an affect, however I was able to arrange them the way I wanted by deleting them from the request types and re-adding them in the chat settings (the one from your screenshot).

That being said I've a very limited amount of request types and also arranged them the way I wanted in the portal groups also. 

Let me know. 

Ash 

They are arranged properly in the portal but when feeding into Slack change order.  I don't see how I can delete - only hide once I've added.  Appreciate any guidance!

Thank you!

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 10, 2023

There is a small button that looks like a link when you click on the request type, if you click it it will allow you to disconnect it which will remove it from that list. 

KR, 

Ash 

Ash,

Thank you for that tip.  I still see no real way of moving the request types around.  It seems to be very random even after deleting and adding back.  I think it's acceptable for now.  One additional question - do you know how to remove the text truncation? I tried editing the slack channels and saw a button to see entire text but it doesn't seem to change in the actual slack channel drop down. 

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 10, 2023

Hi @Atkins, Carol 

No problem, glad I could help (somewhat). 

As for the text truncation, do you mean within slack itself? 

Can you provide a screenshot of it maybe? 

KR, 

Ash

Atkins, Carol April 11, 2023

Screenshot 2023-04-11 084959.jpg

Atkins, Carol April 11, 2023

We were able to reduce the amount of characters for most request types but were hoping we might figure out how to allow more so "connect to company network" isn't cut off.  

I did find out why the types show up the way they do.  They are sorted alphabetically - which totally makes sense! 

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 12, 2023

Hi @Atkins, Carol , 

Not sure if its possible to do that from the Jira side of things as its within Slack itself so might be worth checking with their plugin support team. 

As for the request types being sorted the way they do, that is very good to know! 

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. 

Kind Regards, 

Ash 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events