cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSM Service desk access token against each user

Alpha test
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 3, 2024

Greetings,

I trust you're doing well. I'm currently seeking to integrate the JSM service desk API as a module for managing tickets on my Jira client within our website. However, we've encountered an issue regarding the access token. Here's the outlined workflow: Upon entering the integrated JSM module where the API is incorporated, users must first acquire an access token. I've explored OAuth, which necessitates client ID and secret ID for each user.
Our aim is to retrieve the access token for a user dynamically if they exist within JSM, using their email as a reference. Although we've experimented with the cookie session method, it's deprecated. Is there a any method to dynamically obtain the access token for logged-in users?

1 answer

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2024

@Alpha test ,

I wonder if you are maybe trying to over complicate things a bit? 

What would stop you from using a "service account" that has access to all tickets and filtering them based on the reporter/participant email when showing the tickets?

If you don't want to embed that in to the website calls then you could always use an intermediate database or webservice where you store/refresh the data when a user calls them.

Alpha test
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 4, 2024

Thank you, @Dirk Ronsmans,

I'm facing several issues with filtration:

- When retrieving all tickets, some tickets lack the email property, which I observed email property only in my own tickets.

- By Utilizing the OAuth method requires the admin to grant access by logging into the Jira account. However, I am working for future an unknown domains.

- Filtering from all tickets is time-consuming, especially when dealing with a large number of tickets.

I am seeking alternative methods to obtain the access token via email or any other viable approach. Your guidance on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events