Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sign up Log in

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root


1 badge earned


Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!


Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.


Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!


Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members
Community Events
Community Groups

JSM SLA Sending OpsGenie Alerts Before SLA Breached

We have our original SLA (8m) for "Time to Alert" configuration working correctly for email created incidents from the Azure email address. 

I have added a new SLA (6m) for email created incidents from our Barracuda email address. 

The JSM tickets all appear to be created correctly from this email address, and appear to be getting the correct SLA assigned based on the information in the queue.  The queue does not show the SLA as having breached, but OpsGenie is receiving an alert immediately when the ticket is created.  I've compared the automation rules for the existing Azure alert that is working and the new one and I don't see any differences in the logic.

The only thing I do see is that there is only one Automation rule for "when SLA breached" and it is only configured for the Azure email address, and only updates a label on the ticket.  I didn't think this should cause the issue because this rule shouldn't run until an SLA is actually breached.

Any ideas what configuration I am missing to get the new ticket to acknowledge the SLA that's configured?

I'll upload some screenshots.

2 answers

The SLA was working correctly.  The issue was not understanding how to control the JSM to OpsGenie integration.  JSM sends updates to OpsGenie immediately upon opening a ticket from an email, not based on the SLA itself.  So the restriction on opening a ticket is managed on the OpsGenie side based on an action in JSM that happens only when the SLA is breached.

Issue resolution required 2 parts -

  1. New automation rule in JSM for "when SLA breached" that filters based on the unique reporter email address and that adds a new label value to the ticket.
  2. Update the OpsGenie Inbound automation rule for the Integration for this unique reporter to only create a ticket when the label is set.

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
Site Admin
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events