Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

JSM Knowledge Base - Is there a way to search for existing Bugs/Support req from Portal Home page

We are using Jira service management and linked Confluence space to manage the knowledge base articles . This articles are searchable though the customer portal as auto suggestion and search when they try to create new Bugs/request .

Wanted to understand is there any way customer can search from the existing raised tickets to check if something similar is already raised or not ?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @rajiv_gupta 

If you're open to trying an app, Elements Publish could meet your needs. The app allows you to publish information from a Jira issue to Confluence, and even synchronize updates if the Jira issue changes.

This would allow you to make the information searchable as a Confluence page, which provide a similar experience of searching knowledge base articles. When designing the Confluence page where your Jira details will be published, you could start with a panel or other visual element to indicate that the page concerns an open bug/request.

1 vote
Jack Brickey Community Leader Jan 06, 2023

Hi @rajiv_gupta , welcome to the community.

The search bar in the portal does not search for existing tickets unfortunately. This is something I mentioned to Atlassian several years back. The only possible work around that I can think of would be to somehow keep confluence, article, up-to-date with current open issues given that the search bar will find related articles then it is possible that that article could present open issues. However, I don’t see how this would be possible to maintain and keep accurate. It would be more work doing that then it would be to have your agents simply link , duplicate issues and respond to the customer in my opinion. Finally, you might check the marketplace for any possible solution, though I am not aware of any. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events