Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSM Knowledge Base - Is there a way to search for existing Bugs/Support req from Portal Home page

rajiv_gupta January 6, 2023

We are using Jira service management and linked Confluence space to manage the knowledge base articles . This articles are searchable though the customer portal as auto suggestion and search when they try to create new Bugs/request .

Wanted to understand is there any way customer can search from the existing raised tickets to check if something similar is already raised or not ?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2023

Hi @rajiv_gupta 

If you're open to trying an app, Elements Publish could meet your needs. The app allows you to publish information from a Jira issue to Confluence, and even synchronize updates if the Jira issue changes.

This would allow you to make the information searchable as a Confluence page, which provide a similar experience of searching knowledge base articles. When designing the Confluence page where your Jira details will be published, you could start with a panel or other visual element to indicate that the page concerns an open bug/request.

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2023

Hi @rajiv_gupta , welcome to the community.

The search bar in the portal does not search for existing tickets unfortunately. This is something I mentioned to Atlassian several years back. The only possible work around that I can think of would be to somehow keep confluence, article, up-to-date with current open issues given that the search bar will find related articles then it is possible that that article could present open issues. However, I don’t see how this would be possible to maintain and keep accurate. It would be more work doing that then it would be to have your agents simply link , duplicate issues and respond to the customer in my opinion. Finally, you might check the marketplace for any possible solution, though I am not aware of any. 

0 votes
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2023

As long as you can return the JIRA issues with a JQL statement that you want to display, you can create a KB article for known outstanding issues.  See this KB article for Jira/Confluence integration. Use JIRA and Confluence together - Confluence 5.7 - Atlassian Documentation

I've been messing around with this query to show JIRA issues created from JSM Service Requests: Project = <YourJiraProject> and status !="Resolved" and issueLinkType = "causes"

We're in the cloud, so our JSM project and JIRA projects are in the same database. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events