Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSM DC. On customer portal i want to hide change management limited to team only

Saqib Dar September 19, 2022

JSM DC. On the customer portal, I want to hide change management limited to the team only I allowed to this project but it is visible to everyone on the instance. i want to hide from customer portal image.pngimage.png

2 answers

0 votes
Oliwia Poświat _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 22, 2022

Hello @Saqib Dar 

I am Oliwia from Deviniti - Atlassian Platinum Partner.

I can see that permissions seem to be configured correctly and currently only users you add to the project (via the Customers tab on the project sidebar) should be able to access the portal from Help Center or via link. Next, I believe it's worth verifying the current members of this project to see if only relevant users are added. There is also an article in the Atlassian knowledge base which you may find useful:

Adding customers

I hope that helps!

Best,

Oliwia

Saqib Dar September 25, 2022

hi thanks for sharing this information,  i removed the customers role and revert back to same number of customers the result is same. In helpcenter its available for all customer like i cannot hide it

0 votes
Lisa Förstberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2022

You're on the right track 

step 1 - limit the customer permissions ==> seems like you've done this

step 2 - Go check your people list on the Change management. 

Screenshot 2022-09-20 at 14.26.19.png

Screenshot is from cloud but the principle is the same in DC

good luck

/L

hi thanks for sharing this information but unfortunately it did not work

Lisa Förstberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2022

Hi!

I can see in the above thread that you might be looking for a way to limit access to the help center. Note that the help center (URL https://YOURCOMPANYNAME.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals)will always be visible for all users.

The access and permissions control who see what portals on the help center. 

Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 13.01.38.png

Access & permissions are managed for each project via its configuration: 

• Customer permissions
  • People list 
  • Permission scheme

Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 13.09.45.png

thanks @Lisa Förstberg  i had gone through all these steps but didn't succeed I restrict to employees only but still it was showing to customers. as workaround, I changed the visibility of the project through plug-in "extension to service desk" to the limited number of users.

Lisa Förstberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2022

Well that is one way :-D But I am still convinced that something in your set up is scewed. This should be possible without an addon ;-)

Another great benefit to that addon is that one can limit access to certain request types by groups. Very handy!

take care

/L

yeah.  I can limit all the projects except this one(without a plugin). Thanks for the support.

Nadia October 21, 2022

@Saqib Dar we have a free app which can help you with the customer permissions and visibility of particular projects in service portal: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1218115/helpcenter-corrector?tab=overview

This one is for server, however we are planning to submit DC version soon. 

Hope this may help? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events