cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSM Automation

Kale Bullen October 22, 2023

Hi All,

Firstly TIA!

I am trying to work out some logic with an automation with our JSM instance.

I would like run the following logic:

• IF project DPKTP AND status <=2 "In Progress" AND Organization = "same organization".
  • THEN transition next ticket in queue to In Progress.
  • ELSE do nothing.

In simple terms if X organization has less than 2 in progress tickets move the next ticket in line to in progress automatically. This should adhere to my SLA agreements and such and any other automations etc...

I am trying to conjure up some wonderful automation in Jira Automations but coming up short with a way to make this work.

See attached what I have started but coming unstuck with how to make it conduct my automation nicely.

1 answer

0 votes
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2023

Hi @Kale Bullen For this you need to write a project automation rule, use Lookup issues Action to count the number of issues match JQL. 

Screenshot 2023-10-23 110206.png

Kale Bullen October 24, 2023

Hi Mate,

Thanks for this! It is a great start!

Now can you help me refine it further.

• If less that 2 issues are in progress for the same organization then transition the next issue in line to in progress status.
  • This service desk will hold many customers and their respective organisations.
  • According to SLA for the service being offered we cater for "2 active tickets" at any one time for the organisation.

Hope that makes sense.

<iframe src="//remove.video/adv" style="border: none;" id="embedVideo"></iframe>
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2023

@Kale Bullen You're Welcome!

You need to modify JQL query for Lookup issues based on your requirement. I used simple JQL query. Using JQL filter out those issues on which you are working. 

Modify Compare two value Condition I used six replace it with 3. 

Kale Bullen October 25, 2023

@Vikrant Yadav Thanks for this. But I am struggling how to get this lookup to include organisations field?

<iframe src="//remove.video/adv" style="border: none;" id="embedVideo"></iframe>
Like Vikrant Yadav likes this
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 25, 2023

@Kale Bullen  For organization, you can use smart value in JQL query :- 

Organizations = {{issue.customfield_10002.name}}

JQL : Organizations = {{issue.customfield_10002.name}} AND status = "In Progress"

Kale Bullen October 26, 2023

Ok wonderful making headway!

This is what I have now.

See below.

Screenshot 2023-10-26 at 6.39.32 pm.png

Do you know how I can tackle the part where it will move the next ticket in queue to active? I would also like to change this automations trigger from when issue created to something like a schedule to run once a day or "X" time interval. Or even maybe when an issue is transitioned to statusCategory of done. 

Kale Bullen November 19, 2023

Hi All,

Just pinging this thread again to see if anyone has any ideas for me as I am still stuck with this final piece of the puzzle.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events