Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSM Assist: Queue vs Project

Jeff Guthrie September 22, 2022

I'm setting up Assist in Teams.  When I add the Request Team to a channel it prompts me for a Queue to link it to.  The only name I get in the drop down is the name of a Project and not an actual queue within the Project.  So, is it actually looking for a Queue or is it really looking for a Project and the verbiage just needs updated?

My goal is to have a Helpdesk channel that is able to take requests and send them to the Helpdesk queue and then have a NOC channel that sends request to the NOC queue.  Is this possible within the same JSM Project?

1 answer

0 votes
Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2022

Hello @Jeff Guthrie 

So with assist you can do a few things when it comes to assigning channels to queues. 

If you have your different teams on different project you can associate each project to a different set of slack channels. 
There should be two channels per project you will set up. Triage channel and request channel. 

If your NOC and Help Desk are on separate project that could be the best way to make this work as it will set up 2 channels per project. If you have both teams in the same project you will have 2 request channels and one triage channel. Each set of request you want to associate with the channel that goes to that teams queue. The queues in the agent view of the JSM project then can be split by request types. If you working from one triage channel that might get confusing.

So you will set up the channels from JSM and Slack. 

If you sharing the same project but different request types per team you will need to associate the channels to the same project and add the specific request types to those channels. 
Example you have a #NOC request channel you will set their request types to that channel. 
Help Desk request will be set up in the #helpdesk channel. 

To answer your question: Yes you have to specify the project. 
"The only name I get in the drop down is the name of a Project and not an actual queue within the Project.  So, is it actually looking for a Queue or is it really looking for a Project and the verbiage just needs updated?"

My question for you is how is your Help Desk and NOC set up. Are they under one project in JSM?
It is possible to achieve what your looking for but I would first need to know how the project side is set up.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events