Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JQL validation

Tomasz Bis September 15, 2022

Hi,

I am working on automation that excludes the following JQL > 'project = ISD AND issuetype = "Email request" AND summary ~ "Azure: Activated Severity: 0" OR reporter in organizationMembers(DvB) OR issuetype = "Email request" AND reporter in (qm:33c3cfef-7477-4600-a612-b71479a606c7:e44b3b0f-d307-46ec-aee8-d0e2ffd5a59f) AND summary ~ "DOTCOM-MONITOR: Problem found" OR (issuetype = "Email request" AND summary ~ "[Platforms P1]" OR summary ~ "[Store P1]" OR summary ~ "[Trade P1]" OR summary ~ "[Warehouse P1]") AND summary !~ recovered OR issuetype in ("Website Outage", "Sales Platforms", "Customer Service App/Virtual App Outage", Apps, "Not listed anywhere else?") OR issuetype in (Warehouse) AND "Priority Status" = P1'

Is there a way to edit the above JQl to include anything in the above project and excludes the above please?

I am working on automation that would change priority level for each 'issuetype' called 'email request' to 'medium' excluding the above JQL please.

Is there a way to edit that please accoridinagly?

Many Thanks

Tomasz

2 answers

0 votes
Tomasz Bis September 15, 2022

HI @Alexis Robert 

Thanks for response.

I have tried that and I am getting the below error message

'Field 'filter' with value '10123' matches filter 'Filter for P levels automation' and causes a cyclical reference, this query can not be executed and should be edited.'

I have created a new filter and saved it. I gave access for that filter to everyone in my project.

I have taken the project's ID from the URL (upon selecting my filter).

I have tried the following filter and several variations > issuetype = "Email request" AND filter != 10123

It does not bring up anything just for the filter ID either (apart from the error message above). 

Any idea why am I getting that error message please?
Many Thanks

0 votes
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2022

Hi @Tomasz Bis , 

the easiest way to do this would be to first create a filter for the issues you want to exclude, and then use it in your final JQL to exclude it. It would look like this : 

issuetype = Story AND filter != 10005 

The filter ID should be in URL when you're looking at the filter.

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events