Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JQL to list day wise issues where in a particular custom field is updated within a day

Madineni February 18, 2021

I'm trying to list out tickets where in a particular custom field say xyz was changed to a value a or b within a time bound(something like startofday(), endofday()). Any suggestions regarding this will be helpful for me.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 18, 2021

Hi and welcome,

What you are looking for is the CHANGED  operator from JQL sadly you cannot use it on all fields and only a limited range of fields are supported by this operator.

Supposing your field can benefit from CHANGED  operator, you should use the following syntax within your filter:

Examples
  • Find issues whose assignee had changed:

assignee CHANGED
  • Find issues whose status had changed from 'In Progress' back to 'Open':

status CHANGED FROM "In Progress" TO "Open"
  • Find issues whose priority was changed by user 'freddo' after the start and before the end of the current week.

priority CHANGED BY freddo BEFORE endOfWeek() AFTER startOfWeek()
  • Find issues whose priority was changed from 'Low' to 'Medium' after the start and before the end of the current day.
    priority CHANGED FROM "Low" TO "Medium" BEFORE endOfDay() AFTER startOfDay()

References:

Regards

Madineni February 19, 2021

Hi @Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_ Thanks for the update. But my custom field is a drop down one and it is not any of the following:

Assignee, Fix Version, Priority, Reporter, Resolution, and Status fields.

More over the field xyz will get initial value is c after issue got created and it is subjected to change its value to a or b at any time when ticket is transitioned to status Resolved or Closed.

Now I need to list out day wise issues whose xyz field value changed to either a or b(within the day).

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events