cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JQL help for advanced search

Sierra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2022

project = SL AND status in (Done, "Resolved")AND assignee in (609c1a6a47ba02006facea20, 5cbdc4c8e494c810153acce8) AND "Request Type" = "Report Netsuite Incident (SL)" OR "Request Type" = "Request Netsuite Support (SL)" 

I need to add to this query , I only want to see tickets that were resolved for the request types in the last 7 days. 

adding AND resolved>= -7d ,takes my results from 435 to 25 , but , it's still capturing tickets that were resolved from September .. not sure why. Thoughts ? 

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2022

This is probably because using a mix of and and or without specifying it carefully leads to Jira not running the query you think you have written,  It reads left to right through your query, and so what your query is saying is:

(Project, status, assignee and Report Netsuite Incident)  or (request Netsuite support and resolved >=  -7d

You could drop the or out, or use parenthesis to explain the question to Jira:

project = SL AND status in (Done, "Resolved")AND assignee in (609c1a6a47ba02006facea20, 5cbdc4c8e494c810153acce8) AND "Request Type" in ( "Report Netsuite Incident (SL)", "Request Netsuite Support (SL)") and resolved >=  -7d

or

project = SL AND status in (Done, "Resolved")AND assignee in (609c1a6a47ba02006facea20, 5cbdc4c8e494c810153acce8) AND ("Request Type" = "Report Netsuite Incident (SL)" OR "Request Type" = "Request Netsuite Support (SL)")  and resolved >=  -7d

Sierra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2022

I see, thank you !!!

1 vote
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2022

@Sierra 

Try this 

project = SL
AND status in (Done, "Resolved")
AND assignee in (609c1a6a47ba02006facea20, 5cbdc4c8e494c810153acce8)
AND ("Request Type" = "Report Netsuite Incident (SL)" OR "Request Type" = "Request Netsuite Support (SL)" )
and resolved >=  -7d

Please share the screenshot if still it has wrong results

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 31, 2022

I don't think a screenshot is going to help - the text of the query is telling us all we need to know

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 31, 2022

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- Modified JQL

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events