JQL Queries for Project, request type, status and organizations

Maeneth January 3, 2023

Hi,

Kindly assist me in making a JQL filter queries that will display request type, status, organization of a specific JSM project that I can use in making a dashboard?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iryna Komarnitska_SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 6, 2023

Hi @Maeneth 

Try using a free gadget that my team has developed - Text to JQL.
You enter your query in everyday language, how you communicate, and it transforms your question into JQL.

I hope it will be helpful for you!

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2023

Hi @Maeneth,

A JQL filter simply fetches a list of issues, based on criteria. So will the following JQL list all issues in Project A:

Project = "Project A"

All the attributes (request type, status, organization, ...) will be returned with every issue.

If you want to display these attributes in gadgets on a dashboard, you will see that some gadgets will let you configure the attributes you want to use as columns (e.g. the Filter Results gadget), slice (of a Pie Chart gadget), dimension (of a Two Dimensional Filter Statistics gadget), ...

So as a step by step approach:

1. Navigate to Filters > advanced search 
  2. Retrieve the list of issues you want to return using basic search or JQL (e.g. all issues in a project, only open issues in a project, only new issues, ...
  3. Save the search as a filter
  4. On a dashboard, add gadgets to your liking and configure each gadget with the right information, using the filter(s) you created beforehand.

Hope this helps!

Maeneth January 4, 2023

Im not able to create filter by Organization

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders