Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA - Service Now Integration

Dilip December 1, 2021

We have a requirement to integrate ServiceNow and JIRA.

Summary of the requirement -

The ticket will be created in Service Now and the ticket has to flow to JIRA through JIRA REST API.

The Ticket will be worked in JIRA and STATE change updates have to go to ServiceNow.

(JIRA to call Service Now APIs to push the STATE change updates)

Would like to ask the community for guidance and their experience in going about this requirement. 

2 comments

Joseph Hani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2021

Hello @Dilip 

Actually, we are using this kind of requirement in our company, the best way we have found is to use an app called Exalate : Link of Exalate App

There is a lot of information on Google about it, here is something that could help you : https://exalate.com/blog/jira-servicenow-integration/

It's a really powerfull application but you need a lot of configuration at the beginning but after that it works as a charm, doesn't need to do anything. Sometimes there are errors but it caused by a modification of a Jira Project (for example a required field). 

I can say that our team is in love with this App ;) 

Regards,

JH 

Like # people like this
Dilip December 2, 2021

Hi Joseph, Thank you for the response. I have looked into the exalate solution but it requires connectors to be installed on both sides (JIRA & SNOW ). Service now is used by our Customer and they are not willing to install any connectors at their end which leaves us with the API approach. 

Please let me know if you know someone who has implemented the JIRA REST API to create incidents. 

Thank you.

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 2, 2021

@Joseph Hani - thanks for the nice words - mucho gusto !

Hi Dilip,

I'm Francis - product manager for Exalate.
In the case of Exalate for ServiceNow - it is an external app which will interface with ServiceNow through the provided REST Api's.

You can deploy it either on Exalate cloud, or on your own infrastructure.  For the customer - there would be no difference if the rest calls are coming from Jira or from Exalate.

Let me know if you need more information.

Francis

Like # people like this
Dilip December 2, 2021

Hello Francis, Can we connect and discuss, maybe do a PoC.

The only constraint is that customer does not want to install any plugins or connectors at their end( you have indicated that is not required and exalate cloud can be used for that.

Please let me know a suitable time and collaboration tool - zoom, teams, gmeet to connect. 

Thanks

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 2, 2021

@Dilip - you can plan a meeting Book a demo 

Please mention that you have been chatting with me (or refer to this thread).
That way I can fill in my colleagues.

Dilip December 2, 2021

@francis  - Thank you. I have scheduled a Demo for Monday and mentioned this conversation. Thanks again.

Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
March 14, 2022

Hi, @Dilip 

Diana from ZigiWave here. If you decide to try something new, an alternative to the tool you're currently using, you may take a look at ZigiOps. It's a flexible no-code integration platform that allows to tailor it according to your use case and data you want to transfer. 

Take a look and if you feel it might be of some help in the future, book a demo to see it in action.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events