JIRA JSM automatically adding vieweres/interested to issues

gfernandez July 5, 2021

Hello,

I have just found out that JSM issues have a new feature.

If you, as an agent create a new issue not from the portal but from your agent panel and you assign the issue to a agent of your team, the issue automatically adds you as a viwer/interested (the eye icon on the top right side).

I have seen that after adding this new feature, the satisfaction surveys are not sent when the informer is added to his field (eye icon) so there is no way to value your team mates.

My query is, is there any way to disable this new feature so surveys are delivered to informers although they are included in the eye?

Another way could be to not add viewers to the issues automatically.

Anyone can help with this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 6, 2021

Hello @gfernandez,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

The feature that you mentioned is called “Autowatch own issues/Watch your issues” and it’s actually not a new feature. 

By default, users are added as watchers on tickets they interact with, but it’s possible to disable that.

As a Jira administrator, go to Cog icon > System > Default user preferences.

On this page, click on “Edit default values” and uncheck the option “Autowatch own issues” > Update.

Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 15.08.29.png

After that, if users are still automatically added as watchers, then they need to configure something on their own profile.

If it happens, ask the affected user to go to Profile picture > Personal settings. 

On this page, there is an option called “Watch your issues”. By default it’s “Inherit from global settings”, but if it’s enabled, they need to change to “Disabled” or “Inherit from global settings”.

Regarding the satisfaction survey, the notification is sent to the reporter when the ticket is resolved (with a resolution) and also has a valid request type. The watchers won’t affect the notifications.

If the ticket is closed, but the resolution is empty, the survey won’t be sent. Also, if the ticket doesn’t have a request type, the survey (or any other customer notification) won’t be sent to the reporter.

Kind regards,
Angélica

gfernandez July 6, 2021

Thanks a lot Angélica.

It was exactly what I wanted.

Regarding the surveys, could you tell me what do you mean with "resolved (with a resolution)".

Is "Resolution" a field we must have in our issues?

Thanks in advance

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2021

Hi @gfernandez,

The resolution is a system field, so it should already be on the screen, but if it isn’t required when closing an issue, then it might be empty and when it happens, the survey is not sent.

Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 14.16.22.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 14.16.43.png

It only affects company-managed projects, the resolution field is not available on team-managed ones.

If you are using a company-managed project and the resolution is not added when closing issues, then it will be necessary to add a screen to the transition to Done/Closed/Completed statuses that contains the Resolution field or add a post function to the workflow to set a resolution when the ticket is closed.

You can find the steps to do that on the documentation below:

If you face any issues or have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

gfernandez July 9, 2021

Thanks Angelica, 

as we are only using team-managed projects, we don't have that field so it doesn´t apply to us.

Many thanks for everything. You have been very helpful.

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events