cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA ITSM - SERVICENOW integration without plugin/addons

Dexter de Vera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2024

Hi all,

I would like to ask if is it possible to integrate (Fields, status, ticket, users)JSM and service now wwithout the use of any plugin/addons? I dont have any experience working in servicenow. Can someone can give me sa simple instruction that I cam understand(no background in servicenow) how to do it. Also want to know thw limitation of this integratiom with servicenow.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2024

@Dexter de Vera -

What is your reasoning behind for your integration?  Can you provide additional information on your ask?

Typically SN and JSM are used for processing customer requests in a similar matters while being on two different platform.

Here is a reference link on native integration between JSM and SN - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/integrate-with-servicenow/

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Dexter de Vera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2024

Our main goal is to sync the ticket 2way if possible. 

e.i. when ticket create in SN (with title, description and other field value, then it create ticket (sync) in JSM.

When status, field and comment change in JSM. SN ticket status, field and comment updated/sync.

When customer in SN commented ,add comment in JSM.

If its not possible, do you know what are the sync that can be done in JSM SN integration base on the doc you shared. Also do you know any video link with step by step procedure tutorial related in doc you shared.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2024

@Dexter de Vera -

Based on my knowledge two-way Bidirectional sync is not possible out of the box.  You will need to utilize a third party add-ons to accomplish the tasks.

See possible candidates in Atlassian Marketplace -

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=cloud&product=jira-service-management&query=ServiceNow

Otherwise you will need to utilize custom development on your end using SN REST APIs and Atlassian JSM REST APIs to develop the custom solution + custom configurations.

Best, Joseph

Dexter de Vera
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 15, 2024

do you have any preferred /recommended plugin for this integration. 

Dexter de Vera
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2024

Thank you @Joseph Chung Yin 

0 votes
Josh Goldberg April 25, 2024

@Dexter de Vera,

In terms of "can you do it without add-ons" the short answer is: "no." or at least, not without incurring significant costs to build a custom integration. 

The best/cheapest solution is a no-code 2-way sync platform, like Unito.

This is a guide on building a ServiceNow Jira Service Management integration without needing to write script or code. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events