Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with using Insight Objects in Automation

Jonathan Towles June 11, 2021

I was hoping someone could help as I have had zero luck with support.

I have an object in Insight on JSM Premiere called "Client Programs" with an attribute I need to return called "ProgramName"

I am trying to return the value of ProgramName and add it in a comment when the ticket is opened and I have had zero luck so far.

I am adding the Lookup Objects action and adding in key: key = {{ issue.field.customfield_12345 }} (Which is what support told me to do) but that fails unfortunately. 

Are there IQL queries you can use for built-in Insight similar to the Insight App that will work?

For my "Add Comment to Issue" I tried this for a test and it doesn't work for obvious reason:

Test: {{lookupObjects}}

{{lookupObjects.ProgramName}}

1 answer

0 votes
Alex van Vucht (GLiNTECH)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2021

My approach to troubleshooting these is to:

1. Do a "Log Action" action just before the LookupObjects action and see if the IQL query got the smartvalue correctly.
  2. Run that Lookup Objects IQL query in Insight and make sure the IQL query gives the result I expect
  3. Do a "Log Action" to record the results of the Lookup Objects action.

The issue you're experiencing should emerge after doing the above. If you still can't work it out, let us know which of the above gives an unexpected result.

Also make sure you aren't trying to do any functions on the ProgramName, like {{lookupObject.ProgramName.capitalize()}} as they won't work.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events