Issues are pointing to old version of Workflow

Ron Judenberg August 31, 2021

I have modified the workflow for all types.

Some of my older issues will not allow me to use the transitions I have defined, but rather are giving me only the options from previous versions of the workflow.

Does anyone know how to get them to "see" the new workflow?

3 answers

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2021

Hi @Ron Judenberg,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When you created the new version of your workflow, did you do that from a copy of the existing one or did you make your changes directly in it? If the latter, try and make a copy of your current workflow, rename it, and then go to your workflow scheme and replace the existing workflow with the new copy.  

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2021

Additionally it doesn’t really make sense that some older issues work one way while newer issues work a different way. More likely the situation is that you have different issuetypes and different workflows associated to those issuetypes. Go to project settings > workflows and check what workflows you have associated to which issuetypes. And make sure that you have the desired workflows associated to those issuetypes.

Like Alexander Bondarev likes this
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 31, 2021

In addition to what Mikael and Jack mentioned, you should also check if your "older issues" is in the same project where you have applied/published the new WF or not.  It is because each project can have its own custom WF scheme.  Therefore, you will need to update the appropriate WF scheme to utilize your new WF design too.

Best, Joseph 

Ron Judenberg September 1, 2021

This is a Team-managed Project.  I don't have the ability to have multiple schemes unless I transition it to a Company-managed Projec

0 votes
Nick August 8, 2022

I'm also seeing this issue - I changed workflow and mapped all issue types to the new flow.

Now I'm finding issues still with the old workflow attached, but Project settings shows that those issue types are clearly mapped to the new flow.

Nick August 8, 2022

Ug, found that the board was missing a Project filter. Nothing to see here...

Sahar Aliabbasi June 29, 2023

can you explain what you did to fix this? I updated my existing workflow (no copies) and now I find my old issues are not able to move through this new existing workflow. All issues (old and new) are linked to the same updated workflow. Can't figure this out still

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2021

Hi @Ron Judenberg

so we learned the problem is happening with in one team-managed project, for the same issue type across all issues and there is no difference in affected issues, just probably their age.

I am wondering if this is happening for other users (and/or on a different PC, perhaps a different browser) as well.

In other words: all issues configured so they have the same workflow there should be not difference be visible in workflow's behaviour, just depending on the issue's age. This is why I think this could be a client related problem (browser foremost).

Regards,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events