Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues are being moved to a "Closed" status, but the ticket is remaining open in Customer queue.

William Elton May 22, 2024

I have a service project serving as an Issue ticketing system. Statuses are used to move the request along the workflow. At the end, the ticket is moved to a "Completed" status. In the project queue, the tasks are no longer showing in the "All Open" view, they are showing as closed/completed. In the customer's queue, the status is marked "Completed" but the request remains as an Open request. 

Please note - I am an Admin of the project, not a Jira Admin. The company does not currently have a true Jira Admin, so I am attempting to problem solve on my own.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2024

Hi @William Elton , is this a Company managed project (look in the bottom left corner). Assuming so, can you assess if the Resolution is being set when the issue is completed? This will be confirmed by a ✅ beside the completed status.

Yes, this is a company managed project. Where would I go to view if the resolution is being set when the issue is completed? In the workflow diagram, I have a Cancelled and Completed status, both boxes are green. But I'm assuming that's not what you're referring to.

I greatly appreciate you responding. This is an all new level of Jira for me that I'm not used to, especially with having project Admin access, yet not having full access to things.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2024

Hi @William Elton 

Click on the transition to those statuses. You should see a pop-up box on the right. Then click on post functions. If you do not see a post on function setting the resolution field then you need to add one. Use the update issue fields post function. 

William Elton May 23, 2024

Hey @John Funk -- this worked perfectly, thank you. Since no additional fields or statuses were changed, is there a way to re-process the previously "Resolved" tickets so that the issue field post function runs? Trying to see if I have a way to get these issues to move from "Open" to "Closed" for these users. Thanks again!

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2024

Awesome! Glad we could help. 

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 22, 2024

Hi @William Elton,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

It sounds like the resolution is not set when the request is moved to Completed and that would explain why it is still shown as open to the customer. When you open up a completed request, do you also see something like this?

Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 2.51.14 PM.png

The checkmark and Resolved is the resolution and that tells JSM that the request is now closed. The resolution can either be set automatically by a post function on the transition to Completed, or you have a screen with the resolution field on it so that the agent moving it to completed get to select the resolution. 

Hey Mikael -- 

I do not see that view. I see:

Capture.JPG

When I hit the Actions drop down, it asks if I want to create an Automation, manage automations, or audit log.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 22, 2024

Yes, what is missing is the green check mark indicating that the resolution is set. if you don't care about unique resolution, values and all you want is for the resolution to be set to done then you should update the workflow and add a post function to set the resolution field to done. You will also want to clear the resolution if an issue is re-opened. I won't go into the process here because there are quite a few posts in the community outlining this exact process. I encourage you to use the search bar here in the community to find how to set the resolution field .

Thank you so much, Jack! Being new to Jira, I wasn't quite understanding the terminology to help me find the answer I was looking for. Greatly appreciate your guidance!

Like Jack Brickey likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 22, 2024

No worries! Terminology is always a challenge here for sure. If you it a roadblock let us know.

William Elton May 23, 2024

Thank you both for your help! Combined with Jack's response above, I was able to add the post function. 

Like Jack Brickey likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events