Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with permissions in JSM

Nick Weaver March 17, 2021

So I have Power Automate Setup to take responses from the MS Form and import them into JSM. When the issue first come in it is set as the reporter as me and when we change it to the person who submitted the Form, when we try to respond to that person thru JSM no emails are sent out. We have looked at the notification helper and its states for the customer that the user does not have permission to view the issue even though we have assigned it to him. Any help would be appreciated. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2021

Welcome to the community.

Have a look at the project's permission scheme.  It probably needs to have "Browse: assignee" added to it if you want to let the assignee see it.

Nick Weaver March 17, 2021

I made those changes but Jira will still not email when responding to a customer under each issue.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2021

You should check the notification helper again.  It should explain why someone does not have permission to view the issue.

It won't send email to people who can't see something, that's a security failure.

Nick Weaver March 18, 2021

I think I may have found a solution in Giving the Browse Project permissions to "Reporters" and then when I check the notification the system will allow the new assigned reporter to get notifications from the issue.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events