Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with IdP-Initiated SAML Flow: Invalid Customer SAML Login Callback Request

Roman Khabibullin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 17, 2024

Hello,

I'm encountering an issue with the IdP-initiated SAML flow. When I attempt to use the IdP-initiated flow, I receive the following error from Jira's SAML callback endpoint:

{"key":"badRequest","context":{"message":"Invalid customer saml login callback request","reason":"SAML Request was not initiated by the service."}}

This error seems to indicate that the flow expects a SAML request, which is typically part of the SP-initiated flow. However, the IdP-initiated flow does not start with a SAML request.

For context, the SP-initiated flow works correctly without any issues. I suspect there may be a structural difference in the SAML response that is expected by Jira for the IdP-initiated flow, which is causing the problem.

Here is an example of the SAML response I’m using for the IdP flow:

Screenshot1.png

Could you please advise if there are specific fields or configurations required for the SAML response in the IdP-initiated flow to be accepted by Jira, or if additional configuration is needed on Jira's end?

Thanks in advance for your help!

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events