Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Copying and Pasting Text and Images from Microsoft Word/Outlook into Comment Field

yauhenvatsiakou April 11, 2024

Hi everyone,

We're encountering a challenge in Jira Service Desk when trying to copy and paste text along with images from Microsoft Word or Outlook into the comment text field. Unfortunately, while the text transfers successfully, the images are not included and seem to be ignored. This limitation significantly hampers our ability to respond to customer queries efficiently, especially when we need to include detailed instructions or information that involves both text and images.

Has anyone else faced this issue? We're looking for any workarounds, solutions, or plugins that might help us overcome this problem. Your insights and advice would be greatly appreciated as we strive to enhance our response capability and overall customer service experience.

Thank you in advance for your support!

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen_Lugton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2024

@yauhenvatsiakou have you tried copying the text and images separately?

I've had this problem in the past but it works when you first copy/paste the text and then separately copy/paste the images into the right places in the text

Unfortunately you would have to do each image separately this way.

yauhenvatsiakou April 11, 2024

Hi @Stephen_Lugton Thank you very much for your advice.

Yes, you are right. If I copy it separately, it works fine (Only from MS Word. From MS Outlook it doesn't). Copy the text first and then the image. This may increase the speed a little bit for our service staff. But they will be annoyed after a while.
The most interesting thing is that copying the whole context from Google Docs works without any problems. There should be a solution to implement this logic in the Jira comment field. I am surprised that this is not implemented in Service Desk. Because this is important for a quick response to the customer.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events