Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue when create (Request Type) using automation

Nada Alahmadi May 18, 2023

Hello 

I have a project with two request type

The First Request Type is created by the end user

The Second Request Type is created by the automation when the first request done

The First Problem is the second request type says Everyone from ‘Budget Approver’ must approve, but no one has been added.

But it has been added and it's the same approval from the first request

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2023

Hello @Nada Alahmadi 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

Can you show us the complete rule that creates the second request?

Can you show us an example of the details of a second request issue that has been created by the automation?

Where and when are you getting the message "Everyone from 'Budget Approver' must approve"?

Nada Alahmadi May 20, 2023

Hello @Trudy Claspill 

Regarding "Can you show us the complete rule that creates the second request?"

Screenshot 2023-05-21 085547.png 

and for "Can you show us an example of the details of a second request issue that has been created by the automation?"

Screenshot 2023-05-21 085738.png 

Screenshot 2023-05-21 090712.png

I got the message when the second request is created for every approval step in the second request 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2023

It doesn't appear that there are any users specified in the Budget Approvers of the second request.

Are you trying to add that information when creating the second request in the automation rule? If so, please show us the details of the Create Issue step from the automation rule.

Nada Alahmadi May 22, 2023

We don't want to add approval names from automation rule 

we want the predefined names show when issue created so that approvals can approve in Second Request Type

from this snapshot we defined approvals name for First Request Type and it shows the approval names when issue created 

Screenshot 2023-05-22 095035.png 

we want to shows the approval names when issue created for Second Request Type same as First Request Type.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 22, 2023

Let me see if I understand your scenario correctly.

In the First Request you have fields that are set thus:

• Budget Approver: Joe
  • Finance Approver: Bob
  • Assignee: Mike
  • Procurement approver users: Sue, Jill

When the Second Request is created through automation you want the exact same people from the First Request to be specified in the same fields in the Second Request. So, in the Second Request you would also see:

• Budget Approver: Joe
  • Finance Approver: Bob
  • Assignee: Mike
  • Procurement approver users: Sue, Jill

Have I understood the scenario correctly?

If so, then in your automation rule where you are creating the Second Request, you will need to add that those fields need to be copied from the Trigger issue.

Screen Shot 2023-05-22 at 5.06.54 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-05-22 at 5.07.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-22 at 5.08.24 PM.png

Nada Alahmadi May 22, 2023

Thank you for your help it work fine 

But I have another issue 

I need The First Request status update based on The Second Request status 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2023

Hello @Nada Alahmadi 

Updating the status of an issue based on the change of status of a linked issue is a separate topic from your original post.

Since your original question has been addressed, please start a new Question post for your new question. That will make it easier for others to find answers related to the same topic by having the post Summary match the content of the discussion.

Also please consider marking this Answer as Accepted since the question in your original post has been addressed.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events