Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue type / Request type -> Outgoing Email

Maximilien Borgeat January 18, 2022

Hello,

In our Jira platform, we use "request types" for customer-created requests. For these request types, no problem for email notifications to customers.
On the other hand, internally when we create a request for a customer directly, we use a "issue types". And there,  no email notification arrives to the client (creation, public comment, closing...).
So my question: where are the configuration in Jira for the notifications for the "issue type", and the notifications for the "request type" configured? I feel like both are configuring in the same place, yet the behavior is different between the two.

(Sorry for my english, it's not my native language)

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2022

@Maximilien Borgeat 

1. You can see "request types" notifications under project settings--> Customer notifications. 
    i.e. https://<baseURL>/servicedesk/admin/<projectKey>/customer-notifications 
  2. For notifications under "Issue types", you need to first create notification scheme and then assign to the project.
    https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/creating-a-notification-scheme-938847330.html#:~:text=Choose%20Administration%20(%20)%20%3E%20Issues.,copy%20an%20existing%20notification%20scheme

Maximilien Borgeat January 19, 2022

Hello Rilwan,

Yeah, i've already configure the notification for request type, and it's work :

requestype.png

For "Issue type", my STMP server is configured and works :

2022-01-19 10_41_07-Outgoing Mail Servers - DL Service Desk.png

And for my project the default notification scheme is applied. This default scheme seems inclued notification for Reporter no ? :

2022-01-19 10_52_39-Edit Notifications - DL Service Desk.png

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong in the configuration?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Max

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2022
  1. In the system --> outgoing mail, send a test mail to your account and see what is the message
    <baseURL>/secure/admin/OutgoingMailServers.jspa
    Enable SMTP logging while sending email. See what is there in logs. 

send_email.png

2. Check for pending emails in Mail queue
    <baseURL>/secure/admin/MailQueueAdmin!default.jspa
Maximilien Borgeat January 20, 2022

Hello,

I don't have this functionnality on this page :

outgoing.png

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 20, 2022

are you using jira cloud or Server/DC ?

Maximilien Borgeat January 21, 2022

Jira Cloud, it's in the request ;)

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2022

Better to raise request with Atlassian support

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/ 

Maximilien Borgeat February 3, 2022

Ok, if someone have another idea, with pleasure :)

I will contact support

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events