Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue setting Story Point on Story from the Epic

Tallis.Vanek
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 2, 2023

When I try and set the Story Points I get the following error:

"We couldn't set the story point value
Field 'customfield_10300' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown."
This is the correct field, I looked it up using the API.
Tried Firefox and Chrome.
Please advise
SCR-20230602-h6h.png

2 answers

1 vote
Amanda Culver November 3, 2023

Assuming 

• You don't want story points on your EPICS
  • You want to be able to edit the story points of the CHILDren of your Epic

Process

• Set your Story Points custom field to NOT be in scope for it issuetype Epic
    Cog > Issues > Custom Fields > Story Points > ... > Context > [ensure Epic isn't in the list]
  • Add the Story Points custom field to the Epic Edit screen 

This will allow you to edit the story points for the issuetypes that have the Story Points field in scope, but will protect you from having your userbase enter Story Points for Epics 

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2023

Hello @Tallis.Vanek 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

Are you trying to set the field through the UI or through an automation rule? That looks like a message that would come from an automation rule.

The message implies that the field customfield_10300 is not included on the Edit screen for the type of issue that you are attempting to update. Can you confirm that the Story Point field that is available for that issue type correlates to the custom field with ID number 10300?

If this is from an Automation Rule, can you confirm that you can manually set the story points field on the issue directly through the UI?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events