Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue layout in service management project not available?

Jochen Betz May 13, 2024

And here comes the next question: We have several forms a customer can use to create an request for a service management project. As the information provided by the customer is the most important starting point, this should be on top when somebody checks the request. Thus I would like to configure the order of all the fields and where to place the attached form on the issue.
According to this https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-issue-layout/ it should be possible from "Project settings > Issues > Layout"; it even tells me so when I configure the fields and tabs:
2024-05-13_16-06-38.png

But I cannot find this path in my project settings.

What am I missing?

1 answer

0 votes
Marc Koppelaar - Devoteam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2024

Hi @Jochen Betz

This option is only available in projects based on a company template.

If your project is setup with a team managed template, this is not possible.

Jochen Betz May 13, 2024

It is a company managed project

2024-05-13_16-20-02.png

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2024

Hi @Jochen Betz 

Go to your Project Settings and Issues and within issues select Layout

Jochen Betz May 15, 2024

Thank you @Marc Koppelaar - Devoteam , but that IS the issue. I don't have an entry "Issues" and thus also no "select layout".

The overall is settings is to long to copy (c&P not possible), but the only entries at least containing the text "issue" are

* Issue types", "Issue security" and "issue collectors"

Here the start of the menu:

2024-05-15_14-31-27.png

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 15, 2024

Hi @Jochen Betz 

I see, I missed that you are referring to JSM projects. JSM projects don't have this option.

Only Jira (Jira Software) has this option.

Within JSM projects the issue view and how to order the fields can be found within the request type adn then relates to the jira issue type.

Jochen Betz May 15, 2024

Thanks @Marc Koppelaar - Devoteam ,

It's true that I can order the fields on the request type, but only those which are not on the request from.
I don't see a possibility to decided where the request from will be placed. In fact, on the "issue view" I don't even see this element. There is only a section, already on the very top but does not have any elements inside.

All I have are the sections

• Request from
  • Description fields
  • Context fields
  • Hidden when empty fields

where I can choose to move fields around the 2 first ones and order them to my liking, but the request from is not part of it.

2024-05-15_14-45-27.png

On the issue view, the attached forms is always the last element before the "activity" section:

2024-05-15_14-47-14.png

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2024

Hi @Jochen Betz 

The "Request Form" field location can't be changed.

Simply said it's actually no a field but an option where attached forms are shown.

Jochen Betz May 16, 2024

Thanks @Marc Koppelaar - Devoteam that does not solve the problem but at least answers the question and stops me from trying solve it; and it adds another item on my "Jira_missing_feature_list"

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2024

Hi @Jochen Betz 

Do notice that "forms" is still not fully integrated in Jira. As this functionality has been implemented by acquiring a former marketplace app.

This will take time, automation took more then 2 years to get integrated fully, after the app was acquired. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events