Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue creation now requires a Request Type - Jira Cloud

Aaron Clements July 25, 2022

Overnight we've seemingly had a change to our Jira environment, we haven't in the past needed to select a request type, or have it appear when we create an issue. Now Request type appears and is defaulting to the shown request, I attempted to create another request called AAA as I originally thought it was defaulting alphabetically, however this didn't change the Request type the create issue screen was defaulting to. It appears to be enabled for all Issue types however I cannot find a way to disable it, or change what it defaults to.

I've attached images of the Create Issue page and the configuration for the service request, and the configuration for Customer Request Type.

Any help would be appreciated.
Customer.JPG

Service Request Config.JPGCreate Service Request.JPG

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2022

Hi @Aaron Clements and welcome to the Community!

In this case, there is actually a change being rolled out. You can read more about it in this community article.

Notice that selecting the None option will still be available, even though the field is marked as required.

Hope this helps! 

Aaron Clements July 26, 2022

Thanks for the information @Walter Buggenhout , is there anyway to change the default for the request type ?

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2022

Thanks @Walter Buggenhout for the additional information and a reminder for me.  

Best, Joseph

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 25, 2022

@Aaron Clements -

Welcome to the community.  Are you creating issue directly from the "Create" button within the project UI, or all issues are created via the portal Request Form UI?  If you create issue within the project UI, then "Request Type" should be populated and should not be left NULL as a best practice.

You may want to also check to see if there are too many system/project admins are making changes in your env without sharing the updates with all involved parties.

This type of change doesn't happen automatically, someone made the change  explicitly or by mistake.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Aaron Clements July 25, 2022

Hi Joseph, we're creating within the Project UI, usually its left Null and the user who picks up the job changes the request type.

We've only got 5 people able to make changes within the project and I can't see anything within the Audit log to indicate that anyone has made any changes.

The only recent change that has happened was made by me, where I created a new project for another team, however that project doesn't have the issue, and it was 6 days ago when I created it. We know for certain it was working fine yesterday.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events