Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue created from automation, second automation not picking up those new issues

Ben Sinclair June 8, 2021

I am creating tasks via an automation as per below.

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 11.52.59 am.png

I have a second automation that then assigns those tasks based on the "System" custom field (I have this as I want to reuse it for other types of requests).

As you can see below, it ran the automation on the first issue created and not the tasks created via that automation.

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 11.55.40 am.png

Is there something I need to do for issues created inside of automation trigger the above automation?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2021

Hi @Ben Sinclair

if you want to trigger a rule off the results of another rule there is a check-box in second rule which must be checked.

Could you please confirm it is checked?

grafik.png

It is in "Rule details" >> "Allow rule trigger" (Check to allow...)

Please test it and let us know if was of success.

Cheers,
Daniel

Ben Sinclair June 14, 2021

That did it! Thank you @Daniel Ebers!

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2021

@Ben Sinclair -

Hi Ben:

Did you look at what is the System field value for ITSM-116?  For the automation check against the System field, you need to make sure that the spelling of each value is exactly what you defined in your field's dropdown list.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS