Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue Type Visible on JSD Customer Portal

Colleen Cottone September 23, 2020

Hello,

I have tried just about everything to get the Issue Type to be visible on JSD Customer Portal. I'd like users to come to the Customer Portal, Select a Request Type, then Select an Issue Type. Based on that Issue Type, they would receive a different form (Bug pulls up the Bug form fields, Incident pulls up Incident Form Field, etc.). It doesn't look like this is a possibility in Service Desk. Anyone have any experience with this?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2020

You cannot expose the Issuetype. that is a Jira internal thing. Request types belong to issuetypes and are exposed on the portal. Issuetype:Request Type is 1:N. If you want different forms then you need different request types. For example if you create a Bug form, an Incident form, etc. Forms: Request Types are 1:1

Colleen Cottone September 23, 2020

It sounds like if they are entering a ticket for say "Application A" I will need 4 Request Types for this to happen since I need different forms for each Issue Type: 

1. Application A: Bug Issue
  2. Application A: Incident Report
  3. Application A: Service Request
  4. Application A: New Feature Request

Which will all be different Request Types with different Issue Types. 

Since I have so many applications, perhaps I need to flip how I have it set up and make Request Type groups be

1. Bugs
  2. Incidents
  3. Service Requests
  4. New Feature Requests

and then drill down to the applications in each group. 

Thank you for your help! I think I just needed to talk/type through this one! 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2020

Your "perhaps" is spot-on. 

Raise a bug/incident/sr/request and have all of them ask "which application?" along with the other fields you might want for each type.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2020

Request types are the way customers do "different fields by type". 

The issue type lies behind a request and is for the Agents to work with.  The issue type is one of the things actually determined by the choice of Request (although the Agents can change it later)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events