cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue Sync - K15t plans?

Riley Sullivan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2023

I recently learned about Atlassian's beta release of a database for Confluence, a feature that emerged after their acquisition of K15t. I'm curious if there are intentions to introduce additional features from K15t into Atlassian's offerings.

Specifically, I'm interested in the 'Backbone issue sync' feature. Its potential applications align well with our needs, and I believe it could be valuable for many in the community. I'm asking out of curiosity and in the hope that we might anticipate its inclusion soon!

3 comments

Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2023

Hi @Riley Sullivan ~ we've been using Backbone issue sync for years....love it.  Do you have specific questions about it or are you already using it and just wondering if it's a product that Atlassian will continue to support?

Like # people like this
Riley Sullivan
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2023

@Laurie Sciutti 

Glad to hear you all have been using it for a while and are loving it still! I misread the announcement and thought Atlassian acquired K15t, not just the Orderly Databases product. 

I am definitely going to check out the product! Seems like its going to solve a lot of our needs!

Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2023

Hi @Riley Sullivan

great to hear your feedback and interest into Backbone Issue Sync. I'm part of the team behind Backbone Issue Sync.

I'm not aware of any discussions between K15t and Atlassian about integrating Backbone into Jira.

And I think the main reason is that Databases is actually a feature every Confluence user can benefit from. You can organize your pages or other information really neatly with Databases. We use it a lot internally - and I'm looking forward to the next feature iterations of Atlassian on it.
While Backbone provides great value for everyone who wants to collaborate across Jira instances or projects, not every Jira user has this synchronization need. So I don't expect that Backbone will be bought from us any time soon.

Nevertheless, if you want to check out Backbone more, ask some questions, discuss something, we're happy to help you. Feel free to start a discussion here or reach out to our support team.

Cheers,
Matthias.

Like # people like this
Riley Sullivan
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2023

@Matthias Gaiser _K15t_ 

Thank you for the information and thorough explanation. Definitely going to check out the Product!

Like Matthias Gaiser _K15t_ likes this
Stefan Kleineikenscheidt _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 8, 2023

Hey @Riley Sullivan and everyone, in addition to what Mazze wrote:

Atlassian has NOT acquired K15t, but only the Orderly Databases product.  :)

Cheers,
-Stefan

Like # people like this
Riley Sullivan
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2023

@Stefan Kleineikenscheidt _K15t_ 

Thanks for the clarification, I misread the announcement!

Like Matthias Gaiser _K15t_ likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events