Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue Reporter/Creator field provides weird data via automation.

Alexey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2020

Greetings, i'm trying to send all data collected in JSR request form via email to Trello and Hubspot by using Automation feature.

Everything works in Trello except those 2 fields:

• Reporter {{issue.fields.Reporter}}
  • Creator {{issue.fields.creator}}

Example
entered value jsdtestmail999@jira.com
received in Trello values

• Reporter qm:0a8cb572-7886-4b9d-98d9-0591ef74dd7c:ab02c52e-51d6-4dd4-a052-222abd1ca814
  • Creator qm:0a8cb572-7886-4b9d-98d9-0591ef74dd7c:ab02c52e-51d6-4dd4-a052-222abd1ca814

How to transfer real email to other services to trigger my designed sales process?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Simmo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 24, 2020

Hi @Alexey 

You should be able to get this to work if you adjust your smart values to reference the email property:

• Reporter {{issue.fields.Reporter.emailAddress}}
  • Creator {{issue.fields.creator.emailAddress}}

User fields by default just reference the account ID if no property is included, which is what you are seeing here.

Cheers,

Simeon.

Alexey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2020

Thanks a lot, BTW where i can see whole list of available {{issue.fields.}}?
In Custom Fields i see them with different names and probably not everything is there.

Simmo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2020

Hi @Alexey ,

You can find of some in our docs at https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/advance-your-rules-with-smart-values/

Otherwise, the other way to view the options is to look at the REST representation of an issue and see what is there!

Cheers,

Simeon.

Like Alexey likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders