Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue Filter showing JIRA Software and JSD tickets in same filter

Tom June 8, 2020

Hi All,

I have a two different projects in both JIRA and JIRA Service desk.

I'd like to try to realise whatever benefit there is in running both JIRA and JIRA Service Desk in my organisation by showing any tickets that are allocated to our team in both projects via a single filter.

Is anyone able to tell me if this is possible and how i might go about doing this.

Tom

2 answers

0 votes
Tom June 9, 2020

Do i need to create a project link between the two projects to allow this?

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2020

Hello Tom,

You can indeed configure a filter to retrieve data from multiple projects.

If the projects all use the same field/methodology for showing an issue is assigned to your "team", then it is highly likely you can add a criteria for that to your filter.

What is your level of familiarity with constructing JIRA search filters, in either the Basic or Advanced view? And what version of JIRA Server and Service Desk are you using?

The challenging part of this, though, will be who runs the filter. Only a user assigned to the Service Desk Team in the Service Desk Project, and allocated a Service Desk Agent license, will actually be able to see the output of such a filter including the Service Desk project issues. If you are such a user, then you will see the filter retrieve results from all relevant projects. If you want to share the output with others who are not allocated such Service Desk access, they will not see the service desk issues if they run the filter themselves.

Tom June 9, 2020

So in JSD i am project administrator (OF the project in question)

In Jira i am also project administrator

Does this help?

----

Also how do i go about building a JQL query for both projects?

If i try to use the query project="XYZ" this will only return projects in the JIRA Application that i'm currently logged into, (and not in the other.)

Is there something extra i need to do in my query, i.e platform=JSD, or server=JSD.mydomain.local, something of that ilk?

Or is there something else in need to do to link the two systems?

Tom June 9, 2020

Also, have just checked, i am a member of the "service desk team" for our project

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2020

Hello Tom,

For you query to include multiple projects, use the "in" operator and provide a list of projects;

project in ("ABC", "XYZ", ...)

If you don't have much experience creating JIRA filters, you might want to review the documentation on the topic.

Advanced Search in JIRA Cloud 

Get started with advanced search and JQL 

As an admin of the JSD project and a member of the Service Desk Team for the project, when you run the filter you should get all the results.

Hope that helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events