Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue Configure Screen Tabs Don't Show up on View Issue Screen in JIRA

Ada Dedja November 4, 2021

Hi,

I have created two custom tabs on Issue Configure Screen with different fields. When a ticket is created the tabs are shown on the View Issue Screen, but all the fields are shown on the "General tab" the other tab "BD Assistant Board" only has one field. I want each tab to have and show the fields that I have added on Issue Configure Screen. I have added some screenshot from Configure Screen and what I see as agent on View Issue Screen.  I would really appreciate your help.

view issue screen.jpgconfigure fields.jpgThank you in advance!

2 answers

1 vote
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2021

@Ada Dedja 

Welcome to the community.  You will need to work with your Jira/JSM administrators to access the custom fields configuration setup to ensure those missing fields (even you added to your project screens) are exposed to your project context.

From your project screen scheme, you will see all the fields during screen configuration, however, the actual fields may not be exposed to your project at the systems level.

2021-11-04_10-13-56.png

As you can see from the above image, each custom field can be setup with context based on Issue type and projects.  If the field is not exposed to your projects, then even you were able to added to your projects screens, it will not show up when you access your issues in the project.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Ada Dedja November 5, 2021

Hello @Joseph Chung Yin , 

Thank you for welcoming me to the community.

I appreciate your help. I did as you suggested, but still at the agent view the fields aren't showing on the custom tab that I have created, just one of them. (As it is shown on the provided screenshots). 

Thank you, 

Ada

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2021

@Ada Dedja -

In Jira/JSM, if a field is not populated, then it will not be displayed when you viewing the issue.  Can you check to see in your issue if those other missing fields have already been populated?  

If not, go ahead and edit the issue and populate those fields.  Afterward, you should see all of the fields on the second tab when you viewing the issue.

Best, Joseph

@Joseph Chung Yin 

The fields are populated and are shown on the "General" tab (even the unpopulated one), but they still aren't showing on the second tab "BD Assistant Board".

Thank you, 

Ada

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 5, 2021

@Ada Dedja -

If those missing fields are populated and are showing in the issue view screen, then it means that you didn't configure the issue view screen to locate those field in the "BD Assistant Board".  

In Jira/JSM, if a field is not populated, then it will not show up when you viewing an issue via the issue view screen.  For the unpopulated fields showing up, it can only happen in the issue creation and issue editing screens.  It will never be displayed at the issue view screen.

I am sure that you already know for every issue there are three possible issue operation events that you can have screens setup - Issue View, Issue Edit, and Issue Creation.  Did you setup the fields via just one screen or multiple screens?

If you have different screens setup for handling the three different issue operation events, then you will need to ensure the missing fields are properly setup in your 2nd tab as needed.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph

I have configured the fields on Issue Configure Screen on the BD Assistant Board (see attached I have to blur the image), but I haven't configured on the Manager Board ( shown as General on Agent View). Both Tabs have different fields configured and for the BD Assistant Board from all the configured fields is just showing one of them. 
I have set-up just for one screen, the one that I am using for this type of request.

configure fields.jpg
field information.jpg

Thank you!

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 5, 2021

@Ada Dedja -

I am a bit confused now.  Your previous update was that the missing fields are showing up in the "Manage Board" tab, but it is not showing up in the "BD Assistant Board" - Is that right?

Please advise.

Best, Joseph

Correct! All the field are shown under “Manger Board/General” including the fields configured on Issue Configure Screen under “BD Assitant Board”.

Thank you!

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 5, 2021

@Ada Dedja -

At this time, I can only recommend you to contact Atlassian Support directly for further assistance.  As far I can see you have done everything correct, but the fields are not showing up under the correct tab when you viewing the issue.

I believe this are what you have configured and verified -

1. Custom fields are created and exposed to the appropriate issue type and project via each field's context.
  2. Custom fields are added in your issue's screen configuration (you are using just one screen supporting all three issue's operations: Issue View, Issue Edit, and Issue Creation) on the 2nd custom tab.
  3. All of those custom fields are populated when you viewing the issue via the view issue screen, all the customfields (except one of them) are displayed in your 2nd tab and all the rest of them are listed on the main tab.

It is very odd why it is no working as expected.  I would love to hear on what Atlassian Support has to say about your issue.

Best, Joseph

Ada Dedja November 8, 2021

@Joseph Chung Yin 
Thank you for your help! 
You are correct I have configured and verified what you have listed. I will contact Atlassian Support and will comment here the solution. 

Regards, 

Ada

@Joseph Chung Yin 
I was creating new custom fields today and noticed this when I was trying to associate the field to screens, the other custom fields were created  before I created the 2 tabs. Should I re-create them and associate them again to the tabs like it is shown on the attachment?
Thank you, 

Ada
new custom field.jpg

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2021

From the image above, those custom fields are not attached to the screens associated with your project.

Did you have a separate screen configuration scheme for your project?  If yes, please re-associate those fields proper to the screens used by your project.

If you associated to the right screens for your project, then you will see the tab dropdown for them.

Best, Joseph

I checked and they are associated with "BD Assistant Board", but still not showing on that tab when a ticket is created.

Regards, 

Ada

I found a solution for this issue, but it is not the optimal solution. So if I hide the associated fields with "BD Assistant Board" tab from Request Form (the portal) they will appear on "BD Assistant Board" tab on agent view. 
What could be the possible reason that it is acting like that? 

Thank you, 

Ada
agent view.jpgrequest form.jpg

0 votes
Geeta Basker April 5, 2023

Hi Ada,

I had a custom field lets say CustomField_X on the main tab and I'd not set a default value for that, in short didn't populate it. Due to this, the CustomField_Y which was added in the additional tab was visible in the Details section in the Issue View screen and the additional tab was missing.

I had to set a default value for CustomField_X and it started showing the additional tab with CustomField_Y on it for all the newly created issues in Issue View screen, it still didn't show the additional on old issues.

Just in case this helps someone.

-Geeta

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events