Is there any way to list the issues commented by a particular agent?

Sudhendu Kopergaonkar December 21, 2022

Hi,

I want to list all the issues where a particular service desk agent has posted a comment. I know it is possible through add-ons but is there any way to do it through JQL?

Thanks,

SK

4 answers

4 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Sid Pathirana
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2022

Hi @Sudhendu Kopergaonkar - I think something like the following will get you close to what you need in standard JQL:

issuekey IN updatedBy('<Jira user name>') and comment ~ '<Jira full name>'

This will pick out the tickets where a particular agent has updated the ticket and also added a comment; you can refine it further via a date range as I mentioned earlier.

Please note the usage of <Jira user name> and <Jira full name> to represent the same agent in the different parts of the JQL, eg:

issuekey IN updatedBy('mmouse') and comment ~ 'mickey mouse'
Sudhendu Kopergaonkar December 22, 2022

Hi @Sid Pathirana Thank you it works for me

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2022

Hi @Sudhendu Kopergaonkar ,

This is not possible via standard Jira JQL. You need apps like "script runner", "JQL Search Extensions for Jira - the JQL extensions" etc

Sudhendu Kopergaonkar December 21, 2022

Hi,

Thanks for the update. Yes, that I know as mentioned in my question. I tried this

issuekey in  updatedBy("Username",-30d) AND project = project name which is helping me up to some extent. 

Sudhendu Kopergaonkar January 10, 2023

Thank you!

0 votes
Answer accepted
mauricio.groth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2022

Hi @Sudhendu Kopergaonkar

I’m Maurício, a support engineer at Digital Toucan and I’m here to help you.

Standard JQL doesn't easily allow it, but if you’re able to have an add-on you can quickly find the results using our professional indexing service JQL Search Extensions

You can use this query to find all your issues that was commented by a specific user.

commentedByUser = “UserName”

If you have any other questions, please contact our support. We’ll be happy to help you!
Best regards,
Maurício

Hi @mauricio.groth Thank you for your suggestion and I will evaluate JQL Search Extensions. In the meantime, one of the other suggested answers has worked for me. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sid Pathirana
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 22, 2022

Hi @Sudhendu Kopergaonkar - doesn't the standard updatedBy() function in JQL give you what you need? eg.

• issuekey IN updatedBy(<agent id>) - updated by the <agent id>
  • issuekey IN updatedBy(<agent id>, "-7d") - updated in last 7 days by the <agent id>
  • issuekey IN updatedBy(<agent id>, "2022/11/01", "2022/11/30") - updated during the specified timeframe by <agent id>

Hi,

Thanks!

Yes, it gives. But there is a difference between an update and a comment. The user might just update a field but not comment. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events