Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to change Issue Type if requests are created in Slack using emoji :ticket: ?

Roman Mikishko October 14, 2022

Is there any way to change Issue Type if requests are created in Slack using emoji :ticket: ?

The default Issue Type is [System] Service request. This needs to be changed.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2022

Are we talking about Request Type, or Issue Type here?  You have used both terms in the question, and it's important to understand that they are two different things.

But...

When you raise a request in Jira, you don't get to choose the issue type of the issue that is behind the request.  The settings in the service management determine what issue type the request creates.

If your "Get IT help" or "Report a system problem" are generating the wrong type of issue, then you need to change it in the portal settings.

Sorry for my mistake. It's about Issue Type. Thank you for answer. 

I wanted to ask if there is a way to select the Issue Type inside Slack when creating a request from a Slack message?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2022

Ok, the answer is the same - the issue type is set by the mapping of the request type to the issue type.  So you choose the issue type by choosing the request type.

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 14, 2022

Hi @Roman Mikishko and welcome to the Community!

How your issue got created does not impact the possibility to change its issue type. To properly do so, you have to move the issue.

Have a look at this support article to find out more details.

Important disclaimer: be careful that the target issue type has about the same configuration as the original one (same workflow, same screen configuration). Moving issues between issue types that have a different configuration may lead to loss of data, especially when it comes to custom fields that are available on one type and not on the other.

Hope this helps!

Hi! Thank you so much!

Perhaps you misunderstood me. When creating a request in Slack, we aren't able to select the Issue Type we want. The default Request Type is [System] Service request.

1.png2.png3.png

Rick Westbrock October 17, 2022

Your image seems to show that you can select one of two request types:

• Get IT help
  • Report a system problem

As others have mentioned when creating a ticket you cannot select the issue type, only the request type. If you want the option to create an issue of a different type then I think you need to create a new Request Type which maps to the issue type you want.

I'm not familiar with setting a default request type so I don't even know if that's possible or not but if it is then once you create the new request type you would just set it as the default.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events