Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any facility to raise the request on behalf of Jira service management Portal customers

Venkat Jira Admin May 18, 2023

Hi,

As a Jira admin on the JSM portal, I raised the request on behalf of customers. But is there any facility for JSM Portal users to raise the request on behalf of other customers?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Erki Tammik
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2023

Hey @Venkat Jira Admin 

A couple of weeks ago, I had the same question. Only agents can raise requests on behalf of other customers.

As a workaround, I used an additional user picker field on the forms to enable this feature for my customers.

The "Reporter" will always be the person who created the ticket, and it will also appear in the ticket History tab. In the extra field "Raise request on behalf," customers can choose the person on whose behalf they want to create the ticket.

This way, you can easily identify who created the ticket and on whose behalf it was created.

In addition, I used automation to add that person as a request participant, or you can have automation to change the "Reporter" based on that custom field. However, it will be more difficult to see if the ticket was created on behalf of someone. You have to keep in mind how and when notifications are sent as well.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events