Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any documentation about the object "issue.Approvers" for Automation for Jira?

Mau Jimenez March 23, 2023

I'm trying to pull information from the object {{issue.Approvers}} for an advanced branch in Automation for Jira, however, I cannot find the attributes I'm looking for.

First, I thought about using Postman and use the API method "Get issue" to validate the attribues for {{issue.Approvers}}, however, it seems that they are different or, perhaps, in a different indentation, hence, I cannot find the one I'm looking for (approverDecision).

Also, I've tried to "print" the response in a comment just as {{issue.Approvers}}, however, it only "prints" an array of Atlassian ID's (that belong to the current Approvers).

It's quite confusing for us to operate like this so, do you have any idea if there is a documentation or, perhaps, you may know about a method we can use to "explore" the contents of that object?

1 answer

1 vote
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2023

@Mau Jimenez -

Take a look at the following reference link on issue smart values and look into the "approvals" section - https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-issues/

Hope this gives you a good place for you use use smart values in your automation rule setup.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Mau Jimenez March 24, 2023

Hello Joseph!

I do appreciate the documentation, however, it does not resolves my inquiry sience, unfortunately, it does not provide information about the object {{issue.Approvers}}.

You see, If I call that object and print it into a comment or log line, I only obtain an array of Atlassian IDs. If I use the attribute "emailAddress" as {{issue.Approvers.emailAddress}}, I obtain an array of email addresses as expected. But I have no idea what other attributes are held in {{issue.Approvers}} since there is no documentation I could find (such as an API documentation for example) which details what can I call from that object.

Long story short, we're trying to create and advance branch which can iterate over every single approver and provide:

- Approver Decision

- Approver Email Address

And then perform a certain action for every single approver who hasn't replied yet.

Currently, we've succeded to perform such operation but without information about the current Approver Decision since we're not able to pull that information from {{issue.Approvers}} just as we could through the "Get Issue" method over the Jira Cloud API.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events