Is there a way to track internal notes in reporting?

Esther Amunga April 30, 2021

Hello Community,

Please advise if there is a way of tracking details recorded within the internal notes.

I have tried to use filters to extract all the Jira fields but nothing to show for internal notes.

Please advise.

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2021

Hi @Esther Amunga

doing a JQL query like

key = FSP-1 AND comment ~ "test"

(where FSP is the project where I put an internal comment into issue FSP-1)

I was able to query the comment "test" without any problems as well as the Export >> Export Excel CSV (all fields) exported the comments right away.

grafik.png

Could you please confirm if this is not the case for the issue you are looking at and if you are query them via Issue Navigator as well as you are doing the export from right there?

Regards,
Daniel

Esther Amunga May 9, 2021

Hey @Daniel Ebers this solution actually works.  I have tried it and it works.  Thank you.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2021

I’m not familiar with internal notes. Maybe this is a custom field that you have defined? If so, you should be able to extract that information with JQL filter results. 

I want to be able to track comments entered here:

Capture.PNG

It is not a custom field, it comes by default with Jira.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2021

Oh I see those are just comments. The field is a system field called comments. You can’t add comments column however you can export the report and include them. 

Let me try again and revert, but from my initial attempts all the comments fields were blank

Esther Amunga May 4, 2021

Hello @Jack Brickey I have not been able to get internal notes data by using filters, is there another way to get this information? Please advise.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 5, 2021

Have you tried Exporting to CSV or Excel and choose all fields?

Esther Amunga May 5, 2021

Yeah, when I export (ALL FIELDS), I am not able to see the internal comment field or data.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 5, 2021

Interesting. I haven’t done this in a long time. I seem to recall at work for a previously. I have to try it again when I have a moment

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events