Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to stop the email notification on an issue that you have created for team member

Angela Renze May 27, 2021

I receive an email every time something is done an an issue that I have created but assigned to someone else.  I want to know if there is a way to stop these emails from coming.

1 answer

0 votes
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2021

Disabling the option Watch your issues on your Jira personal settings. With this enabled, you become a watcher of any issue that you create or comment on. Have a look at Manage your Jira personal settings.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2021

You also need to ensure that you are not the reporter of the issue

Angela Renze May 27, 2021

Thank you for getting back to me and so I did have a look at Manage your personal settings.  But it appears that I am not authorized or something.  When I go to my profile I don't even see where there is a link to change my settings.  See the shot below.  Could the admin have this option disabled so I am not allowed to do that?

Capture.JPG

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 28, 2021

Okay, you're on Server/DC. The logic that Jack and I mentioned above still applies. However, in this case, you can update the Autowatch field under Preferences. Here is the link for Server/DC installations: Managing your user profile.

Angela Renze June 1, 2021

Ok so I tried that - I will see if that works.  Thanks so much!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events