Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Is there a way to show which Jira SM users are viewing a ticket?

Hey everyone,

Our Helpdesk team currently operates on a round robin. I have noticed sometimes two Techs will work on the same ticket at the same time and do unnecessary work. This typically happens when one Helpdesk Tech finishes his duties and goes to assist another Tech, but they don't want to reassign the ticket to themselves and don't coordinate that they are assisting the other Tech. 

I know in ServiceNow there is an option that allows a user to see what other ServiceNow users are viewing a ticket, this is live and does not require a refresh of the page to see if someone else is viewing the ticket.

I poked around online and could not find a similar option like this in Jira SM. Does anyone know if Jira SM has a similar option? If not, does anyone know the best way to submit a feature request?

Thank you in advance! 

1 answer

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Sep 06, 2022

Hi @Tanner_Johnson,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

You could use Who's Looking for Jira Cloud for this, it shows you a list of users that currently have the issue opened, and based on the description it does not require a page refresh.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

An unofficial way to monitor a JSM mail handler for errors

...eturns true if any content is returned for the webResponse.body.data.first s...

718 views 3 20
Read article

Atlassian Community Events