Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to run automation on just a single request type not the entire project?

Susan Stoba December 12, 2022

Currently I have 3 automation rules written for our HELP project, which saves so much time and is fantastic! However, the rules apply to every request type. I need them to only run when a specific request type is chosen. 

It seems like this should be do-able and perhaps I've just missed something obvious. But currently I can't narrow it down to just the one request type. And I can't seem to find any reference to having automation on only specific request types. 

3 answers

1 vote
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2022

Hi @Susan Stoba yes, this is possible by adding either the Issue fields condition or the JQL condition to your automation rule.

0 votes
Frederic Chartrand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2022

Hi @Susan Stoba 

If it's on a specific Request type (Let's say for example "Request a laptop") and not an Issue type (e.g. Incident or Service request) you need to add the same condition to your Automation rule but choose "Request type" as the field and not "Issue type"

Capture d’écran, le 2022-12-12 à 10.54.10.jpg

If you are in the DC version of JSM, I remember the field being "Customer Request Type".

Hope this helps.

Have a nice day

Frederic Chartrand

FMX Solutions - Gold Solution Partner

0 votes
Nicholas Ellis _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 12, 2022

Hi Susan,

You can include this as part of your Automation condition.  It should look something like this:

image.png

Cheers,
Nick

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders