Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to link Jira Service Desk Organizations and Tempo Accounts?

sholomaber November 6, 2018

We use Jira Service Desk Organizations to group our customers. We also use Tempo to track time on tasks for billing clients. To add the client we fill out the Account field on task.

Is there a way to connect a Jira Service Desk Organization to a Tempo Account?

Any help is appreciated!

3 answers

1 vote
Andreas Schnederle-Wagner November 16, 2018

We are looking for the excact same feature - if we find something i will let you know ... ;-)

Paul Serghe May 8, 2020

Hi Andreas, any luck with this feature? We are looking to do something similar.

Wolff May 25, 2020

Same here ! 

Jim Stoeckel December 22, 2020

Here too

Markus Pauly January 12, 2021

We are looking the same feature. Are anybody has found a solution for this problem?

Many thanks in advance.

Jeroen Houwen June 25, 2021

+1

0 votes
Andy Creech April 6, 2021

FYI, I am working on a solution using the automation for Jira (from code barrel) tool. I have run into what looks like a bug maybe in how the JSON works. Take a look here: Use Jira Automation to dynamically set Tempo Time Account field with JSON 

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2018

Hi Sholom,

I too am hoping to do that.  I currently hide the tempo account code in the properties of our customers and then populate it as a post function (Copy user property to field).  Very maintenance intense.  I've evolved this with the help of some complicated coding to look at a Client name (Custom select field) and match it up to the Tempo account.

However, my next step is I'm going to take a good look at Automation for Jira app to see if I can trigger on creation to look at the org and assign the tempo account.  Probably be a pretty long case statement, but would be worth it imho to get this working more smoothly.

Otherwise if you have Scriptrunner, you could probably write a post function script that will look at the Organization and update the Account field. 

There are probably a few ways to tackle this, and hoping some others chime in

Susan

Neetu Verma June 18, 2020

Hi,

I am also looking for the same feature, can you please describe how you have achieved.  Given that we have no other solution, I am ready to do this workaround. May you please help me here.

Thanks

Neetu

Like Florian Royer likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events