Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to extract a report that will show how long tickets have been in a particular status?

Jillian Marabut August 6, 2020

Our team is in need of a report that will show all ticket behavior and how long it stays at a particular status. 

I.e., ABC-1 Ticket Status -> Open -> In Progress -> Escalated -> In Progress -> Done.

What we need to see in the report: How long was ABC-1 in "Escalated" before it gets transitioned back to "In Progress.". 

Goal: To have a report that we would be able to pull/build following a regular cadence, that data will help in showing trends in what type of tickets are usually escalated, how long an escalation usually lasts before getting resolved, etc. 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 7, 2020

Hello @Jillian Marabut

Thank you for reaching out.

I'm afraid Jira does not have a report to display the time that an individual issue has spent in a determined status, so we created the following feature request to implement this functionality:

Implement report for tracking time in status in JIRA 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion and bug to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

As workaround options, you can try one of the options below:

1. If you're experienced with JSON scripting, you can export your issues using Jira REST API and create a script to get the changelogs of each issue and calculate the time in status externally.
  2. You can try a third-party plugin to achieve your need, like Status Time Free, Time Reports,  Time in Status for Jira Cloud and many others added in our Atlassian marketplace: undefined

Let us know if you have any questions.

Jillian Marabut September 7, 2020

Hi @Petter GonçalvesThank you very much for this. I just started watching and voted for the feature request. 

Like Petter Gonçalves likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events